Digital Game Changers
Thought Leadership Series
In Conversation with Ian Guy Gillard, Senior Executive Vice President at Bangkok Bank, Thailand
In Episode 10 of Digital Game Changers podcast/webcast series by Tagit, we are joined by Ian Guy
Gillard, Senior Executive Vice President at Bangkok Bank, Thailand.
Bangkok Bank is the largest commercial bank in Thailand in terms of assets.
Ian is responsible for the Bank’s Digital initiatives including Mobile Banking, Internet Banking, Public Website and the Standard Operating Environment globally. He is also responsible for the Bank’s Enterprise Architecture function.
Ian serves on the Board of the Banking Industry Architecture Network and is a Board Advisor to the R3 Distributed Ledger Technology company.
Key topics discussed include:
- As a previous board advisor for R3 and a board member of BIAN, how does he see these organizations helping shape the IT landscape, specifically as it relates to digital channels?
- Bangkok Bank is involved in several Innovation labs and initiatives. How is this helping the Bank shape its digital strategies?
- What are some of the lessons from the pandemic learned by the Bank that strongly influences how it moves forward?
- Advice for other banks who may not have invested strongly in a strong architecture as they grow their digital presence.
- Thailand is now looking to play catch-up with fellow ASEAN countries by issuing digital bank licenses. Will there be a market for new digital banks as the incumbents are pretty matured and advanced?
- Specific to the Thailand market, what are some of the key drivers in Thailand, both from a technology perspective and user perspective, that will continue to drive adoption of digital channels in the country?