API Tech Writer
Years of Experience
Tagit product team has been looking for Senior API Tech writers who has the experience in writing concise API technical documentations with highest industry standards.
What you will be doing
• Writing API documentation for API users, such as API reference docs and developer guides. Creating documentation that is technically accurate and brings clarity for even complex processes.
• Develop and use all types of content types (workflows / process schematics / instructional videos / developer consoles) to simplify the user’s understanding of the Open API’s.
• Review the documents written by developers / Leads for a particular API and suggest changes / seek clarity to externalize the same documents.
• Supplement developer documentation with relevant sample code to reduce grounds-up efforts of external developers.
• Be the first to respond to developer queries on API forums and put effort to resolve the issue yourself, without needing to check with the core development organization.
• Use your extensive knowledge of the needs of developers and disseminate feedback internally to develop the next set of Open API’s.
• Managing technical documentation: outlining, structuring and visualization of content.
• Thoroughly understand the technical solutions we build and the documentation content that introduce, explain and troubleshoot Tagit’s product.
• Understand the audiences for our documentation and be acutely aware of the important contribution technical documentation adds to a successful user experience.
• Liaising with Product Management, Platform and Support Teams; gathering inputs for various documents.
• Looked after end-to-end life cycle of product documentation;
• Have a genuine passion for mobile technology and a strong drive to explain complex technical subjects in comfortable, easy-to-read language.
• Work proactively in addressing your documentation workflows, deliverables and deadlines.
What you will bring along
• Engineering or Technical degrees preferred (BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech/M.Sc/MCA)
• 4 to 6 years of experience in authoring configuration guides, release notes, commands reference guides, installation guides, and user guides. Know how to accurately estimate your work and how to create working outlines.
• Experience in technical documentation, and / or developer outreach / technology partner management roles.
• Knowledge of tools such as Jekyll, WordPress, Adobe Framemaker, Oxygen XML author, Lucid Chart, Confluence, JIRA, Swagger, Open source technology like LogicalDOC CE/ Alfresco, Visio is a must.
• Knowledge of REST APIs and Familiarity with API documentation tools such as Swagger is a must.
• Demonstrate experience in writing and proofreading of content, especially technology related content.
• Great communication skills and ability to work well with others.
• Ability to organize and create multimedia content to explain use cases and process flows.