Lead – Software Engineer (Server)
Years of Experience:
8 – 12 years
We are looking for highly talented, motivated and driven individuals with sound knowledge and expertise in leading and managing development teams. You will be responsible for multi-faceted role, requiring technical & leadership capability to mentor team to design, develop, test, document, deploy & support high quality web applications like online communities, e-commerce solutions, content management systems and portals using Java, J2EE, JSP and Struts etc.
What you will be doing
- Understanding and implementing of project management practices
- Managing and delivery of projects from conceptualization, visualization to technology mapping and final execution of projects
- Managing Project scope and change requests (CR)
- Interact with the client to create technology specifications from business requirements for modules within the project.
- Guiding the team in defining technical architecture of their projects, including working with them to finalize the DB schema.
- Formulates strategies and methods in coordination with the Architect to gather functional requirements and capture them in standard notations like use cases.
- Planning and allocating work to the team.
- Monitoring development activities and reporting project progress
- Managing, mentoring and providing technical guidance/support to project teams
- Liaison with project team and delivering projects as per scheduled milestones (risk/quality/time)
- Review/Improve upon current processes/methodologies.
- Improve the technical competence of the team through training & development of existing and new team members.
What you will bring along
- Minimum 8+ years of experience and should have experience in leading teams
- Solid Programming Experience in following technologies
- Core Java 8 , JSP , Servlets,
- Design Patterns / Architectural Principles like SOLID, GRASP etc
- Frameworks such as Spring
- Mark-up Languages such as XML and JSON
- Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL server, DB2
- Application Server: JBoss, WebLogic or WebSphere
- Web Server: Apache HTTP, IBM HIS, WebLogic iPlanet, Apache Tomcat
- Experience with Technologies including Web Services, XML, SOAP
- Sound knowledge of core Java, patterns implementation and Security concepts
- Hands-on experience in developing banking applications
- Should have strong client handling experience
- Should have technical experience on developing applications on skill set mentioned above
- Should be capable of doing an impact analysis on applications when need arises
- Ensure the versioning of application and documents are controlled using open source tools
- Identify, mitigate and escalate project risks (act as the escalation point for all such issues)
- Should be strong in coding and unit testing
- Good communication skills and should have ability to handle project independently and a team player
- Gain an adequate level of understanding of project business process, goals and requirement.
- Experienced in Banking and Financial domain is a must, preferably in Corporate or Retail Internet Banking.
Kindly click here and send us your application and CV. Please include the Job Position and Office you are applying to in the email subject line.