6 September 2019, Singapore – Sport Singapore (SportSG) was announced the Gold Winner in the ‘Best App – Government Services’ category at the 7th Annual Mob-Ex Awards held on 30 August for the MyActiveHealth app. The app is part of an array of resources under the Active Health initiative, which aims to promote health awareness and encourage individuals to embrace active lifestyles and healthier choices.
Active Health provides access to supporting tools, programmes and other resources, taking a comprehensive approach to own one’s health and wellness proactively. It is a personalised journey which aims to equip one with skills and motivation to achieve greater ownership for the long run.
Features of MyActiveHealth
MyActiveHealth offers seamless connection to smartphones, wearables, measurement devices and comprises a holistic suite of features which include:
- A personalised dashboard that captures the results of fitness and health assessments conducted by Active Health Experts at any of the eight Active Health Labs and self-served tests completed via ActiveFit kiosks.
- Anthropometric measurements (blood pressure, resting heart rate, body mass index, percentage body fat, skeletal muscle mass).
- Walking analysis via motion sensors, assessing kinematics such as walking velocity, length of stride and angle of joints, which ascertain one’s risk of falling.
- Assessments catering to the needs of varying fitness and health levels and age groups. An example is the planking challenge, which makes use of smartphone censors to determine core strength.
- Shoulder mobility, functional movement and age-related muscle loss screening.
- More features such as VO2 max and balance analysis are in the pipeline.
- Users may also book ActiveSG programmes and facilities conveniently from the app.
Please refer to the Annex for more details on SportSG’s Active Health initiative.
SportSG’s Deputy Chief Executive, Dr Chiang Hock Woon, said: “Together with Tagit, we want to give our users a platform that goes beyond just providing information to empowering our users to own their health. We are happy to have won the Gold award but we are still not satisfied. We will continue to improve MyActiveHealth app in line with our motto – Better Beats Perfect.”
Sandeep Bagaria, CEO of Tagit, said: “The award is a testament to the work we do for our clients and reinforces our mission to provide Government agencies best-in-class apps to engage with citizens. It is a step forward for Tagit towards being a partner of choice for regional Government agencies in their digital transformation journeys.”
Organised by Marketing Magazine, Mob-Ex Awards is a regional awards show dedicated to reward leading organizations that have pushed their limits and achieved success on mobile platforms, through sound and innovative mobile marketing strategies.
About Sport Singapore
As the national sports agency, Sport Singapore’s core purpose is to inspire the Singapore spirit and transform Singapore through sport. Through innovative, fun and meaningful sporting experiences, our mission is to reach out and serve communities across Singapore with passion and pride. With Vision 2030 – Singapore’s sports master plan, our mandate goes beyond winning medals. Sport Singapore uses sport to create greater sporting opportunities and access, more inclusivity and integration as well as broader development of capabilities. At Sport Singapore, we work with a vast network of public-private-people sector partners for individuals to live better through sport.
About Tagit Pte Ltd
Tagit is an award-winning digital solutions company, headquartered in Singapore, with a strong track record in designing, developing and deploying digital solutions for leading banks and governments across Asia, the Middle East, and Africa.
Tagit’s Digital Engagement Platform, Mobeix™, provides clients with a robust omnichannel platform that seamlessly and securely integrates with their systems. It provides business services across multiple channels, including mobile, web, wearables and voice. Mobeix™ is a highly secure, scalable platform that can meet the needs of the most demanding enterprises, and it is PA-DSS certified v2.0.
Tagit was accredited by the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) of Singapore and has been endorsed as a qualified vendor capable of handling projects by government agencies as well as large enterprises. Founded in 2004, the company has offices in India, Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia.
To know more about us, please visit – www.tagitmobile.com
Marketing Manager, Tagit
Tel: +65 6669 4288
+65 6500 5217
Sport Singapore’s Active Health initiative is centred upon a holistic ecosystem to encourage citizens to adopt active and healthy living. The award-winning My Active Health mobile app is a support resource of the initiative.
In 2018, the Active Citizens Worldwide Singapore report revealed that 42.9% of the Singapore population met 150 minutes of moderate intensity activity per week. It concluded that more active citizens would result in higher value generation across three key outcomes (economic, health and social).
With increasing prevalence of chronic diseases in Singapore, Active Health aims to:
- Empower individuals to actively take charge of their health and live better through sport
- Provide a holistic ecosystem to support and sustain individuals to live life to the fullest in different phases of life
- Increase the economic, health and social value of sport and physical activity, and reduce healthcare costs
- Nurture a nation of healthy, caring, cohesive and confident citizens
Active Health Programming
- Based on the results of the assessments, MyActiveHealth follows up with a customised 12-week programme to encourage users with tips and articles to sustain their Active Health journey. Upon conclusion of the programme, users receive an automated reminder to book check-in appointments to review and get insights on their progress.
- Participants may choose to attend a customised Active Health 12-week programme, Active Health clinics or choose from the wide array of programme offerings by ActiveSG.
- The 12-week programme features personalised advice from Active Health experts, opportunities to attend exercise and health workshops and to have health measurements recalibrated periodically to assess improvement.
- Those with sustained participation in the programme see improvements in their BMI, waist circumference and systolic blood pressure.
The app provides opportunities for cross-agency collaborations and capability development in Singapore’s healthcare sector. Partnerships with healthcare organisations enable doctors and Active Health Experts to follow up with users who have medical referral requirements, which are also documented in the app.